Monday, May 28, 2012

My Mind Is A Wishing Well

Here's another poem that's being set to music for Tiffany Prochera's upcoming song collection.


MY MIND IS A WISHING WELL


My mind is a wishing well
Every day I deposit wishes and dreams like coins of copper
Nickel or silver for added consideration
As the metals disintegrate, mingle
Percolating in the joyfully burdened waters
The dreams discuss amongst themselves how they shall appear
How they may join forces
To kill two or three birds with one proverbial stone
Though that would never be a wish of mine
My wishes are for beautiful things
I dream in roses and music
And the well is happy to bring those dreams into the waking hours
They will become manifest in their time
When they are ready
When it will best serve all concerned
For there is a reason my wishes and dreams have come to me
My mind is a collaborator with the cosmos
And every dream I dream keeps a planet spinning in its orbit, a star shining in the heavens

Oh woe would be the hour should those dreams ever fade!

No comments:

Post a Comment