Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A little poetry anyone?

Hi all!

Here is a poem that is being set to music for Tiffany Prochera's upcoming collection of songs for intermediate vocalists.  Enjoy!



I SHALL NOT IMPOSE A DESTINATION UPON THIS SONG

I will not impose a destination upon this song
Upon its creation or its presentation
Each word shall find a home
No melody is in vain

This song shall reach its own conclusion
A conclusion I may not and need not comprehend
I need only sing with abandon
I need only feel without restraint
I need only share and strive

That is the journey. That is the intention
That is the beauty, to evolve in one’s own time
of one’s own volition
Those who receive are those who are meant to receive
It may be heard once, perhaps many times
It is not for me to decide

I need only release that which desires to be free
Then it is so simple
Then the song becomes that which is wants to be
Joy unhampered by expectation
Thought unimpeded by desired results
Then the truth is revealed

I can be at peace with mystery

                                                   -   Tiffany Prochera

No comments:

Post a Comment